May 25, 2010, 11:17 AM EDT
It’s a good day to be a top assistant coach looking for an NBA gig. First the New Orleans Hornets make an offer to Tom Thibodeau, now Dwane Casey is getting a second interview from the Atlanta Hawks.
That is what the Atlanta Journal Constitution is reporting. Casey — a Mavericks assistant who once was the head man for the Timberwolves — has a relationship with Hawks General Manager Rick Sund that dates back to when they both worked in Seattle.
The Hawks also have done two interviews with Avery Johnson. However, the Hawks are not pushing to get this process done in a rushed fashion and other interviews may follow.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 25
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 19
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20