May 25, 2010, 11:17 AM EDT
It’s a good day to be a top assistant coach looking for an NBA gig. First the New Orleans Hornets make an offer to Tom Thibodeau, now Dwane Casey is getting a second interview from the Atlanta Hawks.
That is what the Atlanta Journal Constitution is reporting. Casey — a Mavericks assistant who once was the head man for the Timberwolves — has a relationship with Hawks General Manager Rick Sund that dates back to when they both worked in Seattle.
The Hawks also have done two interviews with Avery Johnson. However, the Hawks are not pushing to get this process done in a rushed fashion and other interviews may follow.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15