May 25, 2010, 11:17 AM EDT
It’s a good day to be a top assistant coach looking for an NBA gig. First the New Orleans Hornets make an offer to Tom Thibodeau, now Dwane Casey is getting a second interview from the Atlanta Hawks.
That is what the Atlanta Journal Constitution is reporting. Casey — a Mavericks assistant who once was the head man for the Timberwolves — has a relationship with Hawks General Manager Rick Sund that dates back to when they both worked in Seattle.
The Hawks also have done two interviews with Avery Johnson. However, the Hawks are not pushing to get this process done in a rushed fashion and other interviews may follow.
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 7
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 10
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18