May 25, 2010, 11:17 AM EST
It’s a good day to be a top assistant coach looking for an NBA gig. First the New Orleans Hornets make an offer to Tom Thibodeau, now Dwane Casey is getting a second interview from the Atlanta Hawks.
That is what the Atlanta Journal Constitution is reporting. Casey — a Mavericks assistant who once was the head man for the Timberwolves — has a relationship with Hawks General Manager Rick Sund that dates back to when they both worked in Seattle.
The Hawks also have done two interviews with Avery Johnson. However, the Hawks are not pushing to get this process done in a rushed fashion and other interviews may follow.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 0
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 2
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 5
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16