May 25, 2010, 11:17 AM EST
It’s a good day to be a top assistant coach looking for an NBA gig. First the New Orleans Hornets make an offer to Tom Thibodeau, now Dwane Casey is getting a second interview from the Atlanta Hawks.
That is what the Atlanta Journal Constitution is reporting. Casey — a Mavericks assistant who once was the head man for the Timberwolves — has a relationship with Hawks General Manager Rick Sund that dates back to when they both worked in Seattle.
The Hawks also have done two interviews with Avery Johnson. However, the Hawks are not pushing to get this process done in a rushed fashion and other interviews may follow.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 0
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 20
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 35
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (63)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)