May 24, 2010, 3:08 PM EDT
Steve Nash has a broken nose.
Officially, he has “a minimally displaced nasal fracture with displaced cartilage,” as Yahoo’s Mark Spears tweeted. That is still a fancy way of saying he has a broken nose.
He will have to have a minor procedure to correct it, but he is not going to miss any game time.
Nash was in a pretty light mood after the game when talking about it.
I don’t think I broke it, I think I rearranged it,” Nash said in a televised interview on NBATV.com.
The injury happened when Derek Fisher inadvertently hit Nash in the nose with his head while reaching in to steal the ball late in the game. Fisher was called for a foul on the play.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8