May 24, 2010, 3:08 PM EDT
Steve Nash has a broken nose.
Officially, he has “a minimally displaced nasal fracture with displaced cartilage,” as Yahoo’s Mark Spears tweeted. That is still a fancy way of saying he has a broken nose.
He will have to have a minor procedure to correct it, but he is not going to miss any game time.
Nash was in a pretty light mood after the game when talking about it.
I don’t think I broke it, I think I rearranged it,” Nash said in a televised interview on NBATV.com.
The injury happened when Derek Fisher inadvertently hit Nash in the nose with his head while reaching in to steal the ball late in the game. Fisher was called for a foul on the play.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 16
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10