May 24, 2010, 3:08 PM EDT
Steve Nash has a broken nose.
Officially, he has “a minimally displaced nasal fracture with displaced cartilage,” as Yahoo’s Mark Spears tweeted. That is still a fancy way of saying he has a broken nose.
He will have to have a minor procedure to correct it, but he is not going to miss any game time.
Nash was in a pretty light mood after the game when talking about it.
I don’t think I broke it, I think I rearranged it,” Nash said in a televised interview on NBATV.com.
The injury happened when Derek Fisher inadvertently hit Nash in the nose with his head while reaching in to steal the ball late in the game. Fisher was called for a foul on the play.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 78
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32