May 24, 2010, 10:15 PM EDT
That was the best half the Magic have played this series.
For the first time in four games, there was a real passion from the Magic, which explains the 52-47 lead. Orlando’s stars are stepping up. Dwight Howard was 6 of 8 shooting in the first half, while Jameer Nelson was 4 of 7. The Magic stars were making plays (even if overall they shot 28.6 percent from three as a team).
This was what we expected Magic. It was their best half of the series. But could they really hold the lead.
Magic came out far more aggressive. They shot the ball from everywhere and they made them, they got to the spots they like on the court. Boston stepped up their intensity, but they could not force the Magic out of their game.
If the Magic can keep this up for a second half, things get interesting.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 0
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 13
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 18
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 25
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10