May 24, 2010, 10:15 PM EST
That was the best half the Magic have played this series.
For the first time in four games, there was a real passion from the Magic, which explains the 52-47 lead. Orlando’s stars are stepping up. Dwight Howard was 6 of 8 shooting in the first half, while Jameer Nelson was 4 of 7. The Magic stars were making plays (even if overall they shot 28.6 percent from three as a team).
This was what we expected Magic. It was their best half of the series. But could they really hold the lead.
Magic came out far more aggressive. They shot the ball from everywhere and they made them, they got to the spots they like on the court. Boston stepped up their intensity, but they could not force the Magic out of their game.
If the Magic can keep this up for a second half, things get interesting.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30