May 24, 2010, 10:15 PM EST
That was the best half the Magic have played this series.
For the first time in four games, there was a real passion from the Magic, which explains the 52-47 lead. Orlando’s stars are stepping up. Dwight Howard was 6 of 8 shooting in the first half, while Jameer Nelson was 4 of 7. The Magic stars were making plays (even if overall they shot 28.6 percent from three as a team).
This was what we expected Magic. It was their best half of the series. But could they really hold the lead.
Magic came out far more aggressive. They shot the ball from everywhere and they made them, they got to the spots they like on the court. Boston stepped up their intensity, but they could not force the Magic out of their game.
If the Magic can keep this up for a second half, things get interesting.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42