May 24, 2010, 10:15 PM EST
That was the best half the Magic have played this series.
For the first time in four games, there was a real passion from the Magic, which explains the 52-47 lead. Orlando’s stars are stepping up. Dwight Howard was 6 of 8 shooting in the first half, while Jameer Nelson was 4 of 7. The Magic stars were making plays (even if overall they shot 28.6 percent from three as a team).
This was what we expected Magic. It was their best half of the series. But could they really hold the lead.
Magic came out far more aggressive. They shot the ball from everywhere and they made them, they got to the spots they like on the court. Boston stepped up their intensity, but they could not force the Magic out of their game.
If the Magic can keep this up for a second half, things get interesting.
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 6
- Report: Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice 10
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Life is good in the Golden State 8
- Damian Lillard, as stature grows, refuses to become content 4
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 9
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 11
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 20
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 55