May 24, 2010, 10:23 AM EDT
How much pull does Barack Obama have in getting LeBron James to Chicago?
Well, probably less than William Wesley. But he does want him there, and he said as much to Marv Albert in a television interview set to air on TNT on Tuesday night (at 5 p.m.).
“You know, like I said, I don’t want to meddle,” Obama told TNT. “I will say this: (Derrick) Rose, Joakim Noah it’s a pretty good core. You know, you could see LeBron fitting in pretty well there.”
It’s a safe bet the president likes the whole idea of getting Chris Bosh in a sign-and-trade for Luol Deng as well. And Phil Jackson coming back as coach. And getting a time machine and brining back the 1995 version of Toni Kukoc to play on the wing. Becuase if anyone has access to a top-secret time machine, you can bet it’s the president.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48