May 24, 2010, 10:23 AM EDT
How much pull does Barack Obama have in getting LeBron James to Chicago?
Well, probably less than William Wesley. But he does want him there, and he said as much to Marv Albert in a television interview set to air on TNT on Tuesday night (at 5 p.m.).
“You know, like I said, I don’t want to meddle,” Obama told TNT. “I will say this: (Derrick) Rose, Joakim Noah it’s a pretty good core. You know, you could see LeBron fitting in pretty well there.”
It’s a safe bet the president likes the whole idea of getting Chris Bosh in a sign-and-trade for Luol Deng as well. And Phil Jackson coming back as coach. And getting a time machine and brining back the 1995 version of Toni Kukoc to play on the wing. Becuase if anyone has access to a top-secret time machine, you can bet it’s the president.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70