May 24, 2010, 10:23 AM EDT
How much pull does Barack Obama have in getting LeBron James to Chicago?
Well, probably less than William Wesley. But he does want him there, and he said as much to Marv Albert in a television interview set to air on TNT on Tuesday night (at 5 p.m.).
“You know, like I said, I don’t want to meddle,” Obama told TNT. “I will say this: (Derrick) Rose, Joakim Noah it’s a pretty good core. You know, you could see LeBron fitting in pretty well there.”
It’s a safe bet the president likes the whole idea of getting Chris Bosh in a sign-and-trade for Luol Deng as well. And Phil Jackson coming back as coach. And getting a time machine and brining back the 1995 version of Toni Kukoc to play on the wing. Becuase if anyone has access to a top-secret time machine, you can bet it’s the president.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 5
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 10
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 1
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 20
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 97
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27