May 24, 2010, 10:23 AM EST
How much pull does Barack Obama have in getting LeBron James to Chicago?
Well, probably less than William Wesley. But he does want him there, and he said as much to Marv Albert in a television interview set to air on TNT on Tuesday night (at 5 p.m.).
“You know, like I said, I don’t want to meddle,” Obama told TNT. “I will say this: (Derrick) Rose, Joakim Noah it’s a pretty good core. You know, you could see LeBron fitting in pretty well there.”
It’s a safe bet the president likes the whole idea of getting Chris Bosh in a sign-and-trade for Luol Deng as well. And Phil Jackson coming back as coach. And getting a time machine and brining back the 1995 version of Toni Kukoc to play on the wing. Becuase if anyone has access to a top-secret time machine, you can bet it’s the president.
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 0
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 4
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 21
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28