May 24, 2010, 11:13 PM EDT
Eddie Curry is living large. Too large.
How large? Try a $17,000-a-month suburban New York home, a $6,000-a-month personal chef and a dozen cars. Jay-Z thinks that is large.
So did the judge that ordered Curry to pay $1.2 million in personal loan debt on Monday.
Curry made $10.5 million last year, an exorbitant sum considering he played seven games and averaged 3.7 points per game in those. He has played 10 games in the last two years for the Knicks. But apparently that requires a personal chef. Who knew?
Curry and All Star (the company to which he owes the debt) are close to a settlement, attorneys said. So he will owe less. But his wages are already garnished to the tune of $207,000. This man is earning his debt in a way Knicks fans would only hope he earns rebounds.
Curry has “earned” $57.3 million over his career, and will make $11.3 million next season. That will cover the debt, but if you can’t live on $10 million a year you need to work on some things. I mean, I can’t, but bloggers make huge money.
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 0
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 6
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 31
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 1
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 7
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- HBT: Dodgers manager Mattingly could be on the hot seat
- OlyTalk: Pistorius rules out racing in 2013
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay