May 23, 2010, 10:03 AM EST
On Friday, we told you about the report from Chad Ford of ESPN concerning a list of teams Chris Bosh’s agent had provided the Raptors. The list was for teams he was looking to sign with, and included the Heat, Knicks, Bulls, and Lakers, so that the Raptors could begin considering a sign and trade. The Raptors were the fifth team, in the event he decided to re-sign with his first team.
We also updated you with a denial from Bosh’s agent to our own Ira Winderman. Bosh himself linked to a RealGM story about the denial.
Okay, so either Ford got faulty information from two different sources (unlikely given Ford’s reputation), or Bosh and agent are just issuing denials. But here’s where it gets weird.
The Score’s Holly MacKenzie tips us off to a Toronto Star article from reknown Toronto writer Doug Smith that includes a confirmation of a list from Bryan Colangelo.
“It has been narrowed down to a handful of teams, including us,” Colangelo said, not going into any more details.”
So the actual person providing the list denies it, and the team having to potentially deal its franchise power forward confirms it. Didn’t really see that coming.
It’s clear that Bosh and his agent are playing it tight to the vest, and the reason for that is likely the same reason all free agents are being coy. They don’t want to limit the number of bidders which keeps their value at a premium, nor do they want to close off any doors in case something unforeseen happens.
There’s enough coming out of this story to start getting an idea of what Bosh is thinking. And that makes for some excited Bulls fans, and likely some nervous Knicks fans. Oh, and a bunch of depressed Rockets fans, since Houston was not on the list, despite their interest in him.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20