May 23, 2010, 9:46 PM EDT
The Suns have gotten into a zone.
The Suns came out far more aggressive on offense– they looked like the Suns we’ve been expecting on offense. Amare Stoudemire was attacking the rim, Steve Nash was hitting rainbow jumpers, even Robin Lopez had a power dunk.
But that didn’t stop the Lakers offense in the first quarter — the Lakers put up 32 points on 58 percent shooting
But in the second quarter the Suns zone defense, which the Lakers shredded before, finally slowed the Lakers offense. Phoenix kept the ball on the perimeter and the Lakers started missing jumpers (except for Kobe Bryant, who was 9 of 14 for 19 points).
If that defense can continue to do the job in the second half, we might have a series.
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 1
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 3
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 1
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 11
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 36
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars