May 23, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
So the good news is that there are more embarrassing ways to get injured. Snowboarding. Moped accidents. Slipping in the shower. But A.J. Price, who was coming off a very promising rookie season, has suffered a significant injury doing something which shouldn’t lead to an impact on his career.
Price was injured during a celebrity game in New York and will undergo knee surgery. Originally reported by Mike Wells, Price will need surgery on his knee and it could impact his availability next season. Price’s contract is not guaranteed, meaning the injury in a celebrity game could impact his future, especially if the Pacers decide to upgrade their point guard position through the draft or free agency.
It sucks that the common sense M.O. for NBA players is that they really shouldn’t do anything but sit around during their offseason, but it seems like every year players suffer severe injuries during routine fun activities. And it’s a shame every time.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4