May 23, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
So the good news is that there are more embarrassing ways to get injured. Snowboarding. Moped accidents. Slipping in the shower. But A.J. Price, who was coming off a very promising rookie season, has suffered a significant injury doing something which shouldn’t lead to an impact on his career.
Price was injured during a celebrity game in New York and will undergo knee surgery. Originally reported by Mike Wells, Price will need surgery on his knee and it could impact his availability next season. Price’s contract is not guaranteed, meaning the injury in a celebrity game could impact his future, especially if the Pacers decide to upgrade their point guard position through the draft or free agency.
It sucks that the common sense M.O. for NBA players is that they really shouldn’t do anything but sit around during their offseason, but it seems like every year players suffer severe injuries during routine fun activities. And it’s a shame every time.
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 4
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 5
- NBA Playoff Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards 19
- Report: Steve Kerr “expects” to be offered, will take Knicks coaching job 15