May 23, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
So the good news is that there are more embarrassing ways to get injured. Snowboarding. Moped accidents. Slipping in the shower. But A.J. Price, who was coming off a very promising rookie season, has suffered a significant injury doing something which shouldn’t lead to an impact on his career.
Price was injured during a celebrity game in New York and will undergo knee surgery. Originally reported by Mike Wells, Price will need surgery on his knee and it could impact his availability next season. Price’s contract is not guaranteed, meaning the injury in a celebrity game could impact his future, especially if the Pacers decide to upgrade their point guard position through the draft or free agency.
It sucks that the common sense M.O. for NBA players is that they really shouldn’t do anything but sit around during their offseason, but it seems like every year players suffer severe injuries during routine fun activities. And it’s a shame every time.
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 3
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 7
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 33
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 7
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 2
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 20
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 32