May 23, 2010, 2:50 PM EST
So the good news is that there are more embarrassing ways to get injured. Snowboarding. Moped accidents. Slipping in the shower. But A.J. Price, who was coming off a very promising rookie season, has suffered a significant injury doing something which shouldn’t lead to an impact on his career.
Price was injured during a celebrity game in New York and will undergo knee surgery. Originally reported by Mike Wells, Price will need surgery on his knee and it could impact his availability next season. Price’s contract is not guaranteed, meaning the injury in a celebrity game could impact his future, especially if the Pacers decide to upgrade their point guard position through the draft or free agency.
It sucks that the common sense M.O. for NBA players is that they really shouldn’t do anything but sit around during their offseason, but it seems like every year players suffer severe injuries during routine fun activities. And it’s a shame every time.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 20
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9