May 23, 2010, 2:50 PM EST
So the good news is that there are more embarrassing ways to get injured. Snowboarding. Moped accidents. Slipping in the shower. But A.J. Price, who was coming off a very promising rookie season, has suffered a significant injury doing something which shouldn’t lead to an impact on his career.
Price was injured during a celebrity game in New York and will undergo knee surgery. Originally reported by Mike Wells, Price will need surgery on his knee and it could impact his availability next season. Price’s contract is not guaranteed, meaning the injury in a celebrity game could impact his future, especially if the Pacers decide to upgrade their point guard position through the draft or free agency.
It sucks that the common sense M.O. for NBA players is that they really shouldn’t do anything but sit around during their offseason, but it seems like every year players suffer severe injuries during routine fun activities. And it’s a shame every time.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 0
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 12
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)