May 22, 2010, 9:48 PM EDT
Can we end this series now? Are we going to force ourselves to go through a Game 4?
At the half, the Orlando Magic, facing an 0-2 deficit with little hope, their backs against the wall with their playoff lives on the line, are getting destroyed 51-34 by the Boston Celtics. This series could not be more over. The Magic are shooting 39% from the field, the Celtics 51%. The Celtics have gotten scoring from such plays as Glen Davis 12 footers, Glen Davis falling out of bounds with a one handed layup, a Rasheed Wallace alley-oop, and a Kevin Garnett off-dribble pull-up J. There is literally nothing that has gone right for the Magic, and nothing that has gone wrong for the Celtics. They want it more, and it shows.
Matt Barnes switched to Paul Pierce to “slow him down.” Pierce has 10 points. Rajon Rondo did something unspeakable to Jason Williams that will be replayed about a million times.
The NBA Finals begin June 1st, in Los Angeles, it certainly seems.
We’ll have a recap of the autopsy following the game.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 20
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 37
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 8
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2