May 22, 2010, 9:48 PM EST
Can we end this series now? Are we going to force ourselves to go through a Game 4?
At the half, the Orlando Magic, facing an 0-2 deficit with little hope, their backs against the wall with their playoff lives on the line, are getting destroyed 51-34 by the Boston Celtics. This series could not be more over. The Magic are shooting 39% from the field, the Celtics 51%. The Celtics have gotten scoring from such plays as Glen Davis 12 footers, Glen Davis falling out of bounds with a one handed layup, a Rasheed Wallace alley-oop, and a Kevin Garnett off-dribble pull-up J. There is literally nothing that has gone right for the Magic, and nothing that has gone wrong for the Celtics. They want it more, and it shows.
Matt Barnes switched to Paul Pierce to “slow him down.” Pierce has 10 points. Rajon Rondo did something unspeakable to Jason Williams that will be replayed about a million times.
The NBA Finals begin June 1st, in Los Angeles, it certainly seems.
We’ll have a recap of the autopsy following the game.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 14
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 11
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 34
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 18
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (46)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)