May 22, 2010, 9:48 PM EDT
Can we end this series now? Are we going to force ourselves to go through a Game 4?
At the half, the Orlando Magic, facing an 0-2 deficit with little hope, their backs against the wall with their playoff lives on the line, are getting destroyed 51-34 by the Boston Celtics. This series could not be more over. The Magic are shooting 39% from the field, the Celtics 51%. The Celtics have gotten scoring from such plays as Glen Davis 12 footers, Glen Davis falling out of bounds with a one handed layup, a Rasheed Wallace alley-oop, and a Kevin Garnett off-dribble pull-up J. There is literally nothing that has gone right for the Magic, and nothing that has gone wrong for the Celtics. They want it more, and it shows.
Matt Barnes switched to Paul Pierce to “slow him down.” Pierce has 10 points. Rajon Rondo did something unspeakable to Jason Williams that will be replayed about a million times.
The NBA Finals begin June 1st, in Los Angeles, it certainly seems.
We’ll have a recap of the autopsy following the game.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49