May 22, 2010, 9:48 PM EDT
Can we end this series now? Are we going to force ourselves to go through a Game 4?
At the half, the Orlando Magic, facing an 0-2 deficit with little hope, their backs against the wall with their playoff lives on the line, are getting destroyed 51-34 by the Boston Celtics. This series could not be more over. The Magic are shooting 39% from the field, the Celtics 51%. The Celtics have gotten scoring from such plays as Glen Davis 12 footers, Glen Davis falling out of bounds with a one handed layup, a Rasheed Wallace alley-oop, and a Kevin Garnett off-dribble pull-up J. There is literally nothing that has gone right for the Magic, and nothing that has gone wrong for the Celtics. They want it more, and it shows.
Matt Barnes switched to Paul Pierce to “slow him down.” Pierce has 10 points. Rajon Rondo did something unspeakable to Jason Williams that will be replayed about a million times.
The NBA Finals begin June 1st, in Los Angeles, it certainly seems.
We’ll have a recap of the autopsy following the game.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15