May 22, 2010, 9:48 PM EDT
Can we end this series now? Are we going to force ourselves to go through a Game 4?
At the half, the Orlando Magic, facing an 0-2 deficit with little hope, their backs against the wall with their playoff lives on the line, are getting destroyed 51-34 by the Boston Celtics. This series could not be more over. The Magic are shooting 39% from the field, the Celtics 51%. The Celtics have gotten scoring from such plays as Glen Davis 12 footers, Glen Davis falling out of bounds with a one handed layup, a Rasheed Wallace alley-oop, and a Kevin Garnett off-dribble pull-up J. There is literally nothing that has gone right for the Magic, and nothing that has gone wrong for the Celtics. They want it more, and it shows.
Matt Barnes switched to Paul Pierce to “slow him down.” Pierce has 10 points. Rajon Rondo did something unspeakable to Jason Williams that will be replayed about a million times.
The NBA Finals begin June 1st, in Los Angeles, it certainly seems.
We’ll have a recap of the autopsy following the game.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 15
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 13
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 16
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 23
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80