May 21, 2010, 8:28 AM EDT
Do the Bulls know what they want?
Rockets assistant Elston Turner sat down with Chicago Bulls brass for a four-hour interview Thursday about the team’s head coaching gig, according to NBA.com’s David Aldridge. Turner has been one of the hot assistant coaching names around the league for several years now, interviewing for several jobs including the Phoenix Suns job a couple years ago.
Aldridge also contradicts earlier reports saying that the Bulls did have interest in bringing Doug Collins back for a second stint with the team. However, Collins has now taken the Sixers job and is off the table.
Turner may make a good head coach one day, this is not meant as a slight to him, but after firing Vinny Del Negro we kept hearing how the Bulls wanted to bring in a coach with NBA playoff coaching experience. That list of coaches — Lawrence Frank, Mo Cheeks — may not have thrilled them, but do they really want another coach getting his first chance at the big chair? Does that impress LeBron James and other free agents they are going to be courting?
Do the Bulls know what they want as a head coach?
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 36
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 28
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3