May 21, 2010, 8:28 AM EDT
Do the Bulls know what they want?
Rockets assistant Elston Turner sat down with Chicago Bulls brass for a four-hour interview Thursday about the team’s head coaching gig, according to NBA.com’s David Aldridge. Turner has been one of the hot assistant coaching names around the league for several years now, interviewing for several jobs including the Phoenix Suns job a couple years ago.
Aldridge also contradicts earlier reports saying that the Bulls did have interest in bringing Doug Collins back for a second stint with the team. However, Collins has now taken the Sixers job and is off the table.
Turner may make a good head coach one day, this is not meant as a slight to him, but after firing Vinny Del Negro we kept hearing how the Bulls wanted to bring in a coach with NBA playoff coaching experience. That list of coaches — Lawrence Frank, Mo Cheeks — may not have thrilled them, but do they really want another coach getting his first chance at the big chair? Does that impress LeBron James and other free agents they are going to be courting?
Do the Bulls know what they want as a head coach?
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 7
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 15
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 16
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 51
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 2
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (105)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (86)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay