May 21, 2010, 11:19 AM EDT
Money schmoney. Looks like the Cavaliers are not rushing to make a decision on the future of coach Mike Brown.
Reports started circulating yesterday that expected axe would fall on coach Mike Brown this weekend. It makes some sense — owner Dan Gilbert said a decision would come in the next seven to 10 days, and that was seven days ago now. Also, if Brown stays on past 10 days from the end of the season, the Cavs have to buy him out, before that he walks for free. Money always matters.
But Brian Windhorst tweeted this morning that the Cavaliers will not make a decision this weekend — and that not everybody wants him fired.
Sources indicate no final decision will be made on Mike Brown’s future this week. #Cavs brass went to Chicago for Pre-Draft Camp.
Sources: LeBron has not called for Brown to be fired, is leaving it up to organization. People within team are fighting for Brown.
None of this changes the likely outcome. It just means Mike Brown gets to twist in the wind for a few more days.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 10
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 23
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 57
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65