May 21, 2010, 11:19 AM EDT
Money schmoney. Looks like the Cavaliers are not rushing to make a decision on the future of coach Mike Brown.
Reports started circulating yesterday that expected axe would fall on coach Mike Brown this weekend. It makes some sense — owner Dan Gilbert said a decision would come in the next seven to 10 days, and that was seven days ago now. Also, if Brown stays on past 10 days from the end of the season, the Cavs have to buy him out, before that he walks for free. Money always matters.
But Brian Windhorst tweeted this morning that the Cavaliers will not make a decision this weekend — and that not everybody wants him fired.
Sources indicate no final decision will be made on Mike Brown’s future this week. #Cavs brass went to Chicago for Pre-Draft Camp.
Sources: LeBron has not called for Brown to be fired, is leaving it up to organization. People within team are fighting for Brown.
None of this changes the likely outcome. It just means Mike Brown gets to twist in the wind for a few more days.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 28
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25