May 21, 2010, 2:01 PM EDT
LeBron James wants a lot of things. He wants to win. He wants a boatload of money to play basketball. He wants teammates that show up in the clutch. He wants some Finals MVP trophies to go with those regular season ones.
He does not want to pick his new coach. That’s what longtime James friend and business manager Maverick Carter told ESPN:
“All these rumors out there are absolutely untrue,” said Carter, the most powerful voice in James’ inner circle. “LeBron just wants to win. He doesn’t want to handpick his next coach.”
Pick, no. But you can bet he will be consulted on the next coach in Cleveland if Mike Brown is let go (so, he will be consulted). You can bet that the front offices of the Bulls and Clippers would love to consult with him on their hires. James will have an influenced over who his next new coach will be, and frankly will have influence over the coaches for a couple other teams as well.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron his shots despite good Celtics defense 0
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 15
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 26
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 65