May 21, 2010, 2:01 PM EDT
LeBron James wants a lot of things. He wants to win. He wants a boatload of money to play basketball. He wants teammates that show up in the clutch. He wants some Finals MVP trophies to go with those regular season ones.
He does not want to pick his new coach. That’s what longtime James friend and business manager Maverick Carter told ESPN:
“All these rumors out there are absolutely untrue,” said Carter, the most powerful voice in James’ inner circle. “LeBron just wants to win. He doesn’t want to handpick his next coach.”
Pick, no. But you can bet he will be consulted on the next coach in Cleveland if Mike Brown is let go (so, he will be consulted). You can bet that the front offices of the Bulls and Clippers would love to consult with him on their hires. James will have an influenced over who his next new coach will be, and frankly will have influence over the coaches for a couple other teams as well.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48