May 21, 2010, 9:40 AM EDT
And in today’s edition of “a celebrity with no real inside information speaks out on LeBron James” we give you Jim Brown.
The reason: The way the Cleveland fans are treating him.
“I think he’s gonna leave, and I think that the treatment that he’s getting right now is going to be the motivating factor,” Brown told a Baltimore radio station last weekend in an interview aired Tuesday.
“You know, it’s so unfortunate that a man that’s got so much would feel so bad right now because of what he couldn’t do. I think he’s being treated unfairly,” Brown said. “I think the expectations were too high, and I don’t think he’s gonna stay in Cleveland because of it. I think as one man, there’s only so much you can do, and for people to analyze you and to basically say humiliating things about you, when you’ve given all those things through the years to that franchise, I think it’s an atrocity.”
I don’t think the expectations were too high, and I think James himself set them. He wants a title. No doubt Jim Brown has an understanding of the psyche of Cleveland. However, whether or not he stays in Cleveland is a decision that should be based on a number of factors, including if he can win a title there. If he signs in Cleveland again, Cavs fans will have no problem with him.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 5
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18