May 21, 2010, 9:40 AM EDT
And in today’s edition of “a celebrity with no real inside information speaks out on LeBron James” we give you Jim Brown.
The reason: The way the Cleveland fans are treating him.
“I think he’s gonna leave, and I think that the treatment that he’s getting right now is going to be the motivating factor,” Brown told a Baltimore radio station last weekend in an interview aired Tuesday.
“You know, it’s so unfortunate that a man that’s got so much would feel so bad right now because of what he couldn’t do. I think he’s being treated unfairly,” Brown said. “I think the expectations were too high, and I don’t think he’s gonna stay in Cleveland because of it. I think as one man, there’s only so much you can do, and for people to analyze you and to basically say humiliating things about you, when you’ve given all those things through the years to that franchise, I think it’s an atrocity.”
I don’t think the expectations were too high, and I think James himself set them. He wants a title. No doubt Jim Brown has an understanding of the psyche of Cleveland. However, whether or not he stays in Cleveland is a decision that should be based on a number of factors, including if he can win a title there. If he signs in Cleveland again, Cavs fans will have no problem with him.
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 0
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 2
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 46
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 65
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31