May 21, 2010, 9:40 AM EDT
And in today’s edition of “a celebrity with no real inside information speaks out on LeBron James” we give you Jim Brown.
The reason: The way the Cleveland fans are treating him.
“I think he’s gonna leave, and I think that the treatment that he’s getting right now is going to be the motivating factor,” Brown told a Baltimore radio station last weekend in an interview aired Tuesday.
“You know, it’s so unfortunate that a man that’s got so much would feel so bad right now because of what he couldn’t do. I think he’s being treated unfairly,” Brown said. “I think the expectations were too high, and I don’t think he’s gonna stay in Cleveland because of it. I think as one man, there’s only so much you can do, and for people to analyze you and to basically say humiliating things about you, when you’ve given all those things through the years to that franchise, I think it’s an atrocity.”
I don’t think the expectations were too high, and I think James himself set them. He wants a title. No doubt Jim Brown has an understanding of the psyche of Cleveland. However, whether or not he stays in Cleveland is a decision that should be based on a number of factors, including if he can win a title there. If he signs in Cleveland again, Cavs fans will have no problem with him.
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 3
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 10
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 41
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 22