May 21, 2010, 9:40 AM EST
And in today’s edition of “a celebrity with no real inside information speaks out on LeBron James” we give you Jim Brown.
The reason: The way the Cleveland fans are treating him.
“I think he’s gonna leave, and I think that the treatment that he’s getting right now is going to be the motivating factor,” Brown told a Baltimore radio station last weekend in an interview aired Tuesday.
“You know, it’s so unfortunate that a man that’s got so much would feel so bad right now because of what he couldn’t do. I think he’s being treated unfairly,” Brown said. “I think the expectations were too high, and I don’t think he’s gonna stay in Cleveland because of it. I think as one man, there’s only so much you can do, and for people to analyze you and to basically say humiliating things about you, when you’ve given all those things through the years to that franchise, I think it’s an atrocity.”
I don’t think the expectations were too high, and I think James himself set them. He wants a title. No doubt Jim Brown has an understanding of the psyche of Cleveland. However, whether or not he stays in Cleveland is a decision that should be based on a number of factors, including if he can win a title there. If he signs in Cleveland again, Cavs fans will have no problem with him.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 7
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 54
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7