May 21, 2010, 7:19 PM EST
Here’s the report, courtesy of ESPN’s Chad Ford:
A number of teams have already looked into the availability of the Philadelphia 76ers’ No. 2 pick in the June 24 draft.The asking price? Several sources said they were told that the Sixers want their trade partner to take Elton Brand off their hands. Good luck with that. With Brand set to earn $51 million over the course of the next three years, he’s virtually impossible to trade.As much as teams like the Minnesota Timberwolves, for instance, love Evan Turner, I don’t think they love him that much.
It’s a shame to see that the 76ers are willing to trade away a player who could be a key to their future in order to erase the mistakes of their past. Brand was supposed to be the piece that put the 76ers over the top; now, he’s an albatross that’s keeping them from getting where they want to go. Turner doesn’t appear to have John Wall’s superstar potential, but he could easily be an All-Star if he’s surrounded by players that could take advantage of his playmaking and ability to drive to the rim. If he improves his jump shot, he could easily be a Brandon Roy-type player — not a lot of flash, but superstar production. The question now is whether any team believes in Turner enough to allow Brand to potentially tie up their cap for the next couple of seasons.
- Kobe injury a reality check for Lakers, doesn’t really change plan 4
- Spurs will rest Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in nationally televised game, Tony Parker also out 24
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee 55
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star 34
- Reports: Houston Rockets pull out of Asik trade talks, will keep him for now 37
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (55)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (44)