May 21, 2010, 7:19 PM EDT
Here’s the report, courtesy of ESPN’s Chad Ford:
A number of teams have already looked into the availability of the Philadelphia 76ers’ No. 2 pick in the June 24 draft.The asking price? Several sources said they were told that the Sixers want their trade partner to take Elton Brand off their hands. Good luck with that. With Brand set to earn $51 million over the course of the next three years, he’s virtually impossible to trade.As much as teams like the Minnesota Timberwolves, for instance, love Evan Turner, I don’t think they love him that much.
It’s a shame to see that the 76ers are willing to trade away a player who could be a key to their future in order to erase the mistakes of their past. Brand was supposed to be the piece that put the 76ers over the top; now, he’s an albatross that’s keeping them from getting where they want to go. Turner doesn’t appear to have John Wall’s superstar potential, but he could easily be an All-Star if he’s surrounded by players that could take advantage of his playmaking and ability to drive to the rim. If he improves his jump shot, he could easily be a Brandon Roy-type player — not a lot of flash, but superstar production. The question now is whether any team believes in Turner enough to allow Brand to potentially tie up their cap for the next couple of seasons.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 12
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 19
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy