May 20, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
Yesterday, Washington Wizards coach Flip Saunders shot down the asinine rumor that the Wizards would consider trading the number one overall pick this year. Some teams might have, but not the Wizards.
“John is the by far most dynamic player in the draft. He’s probably one of the most dynamic guards to come out in a while when you combine his athleticism, his ability to defend and the speed that he has. A lot of times when players come into our league, you are trying to develop a guy into a point guard. Sometimes you are trying to change a guy who was a scorer or more of a shooting guard in college into point guard who can lead a team. John is definitely a guy who is a point guard. He averaged a lot of assists at Kentucky and pretty much dominated”
But can Flip dance?
“We were doing the John Wall Dance and the Evan Turner Dance and all those dances when we won the first pick.”
I’m sure the Evan Turner dance is nice. But The District is about the be a Wall Dance town.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday 0
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 8
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 7
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 16
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)