May 20, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
Yesterday, Washington Wizards coach Flip Saunders shot down the asinine rumor that the Wizards would consider trading the number one overall pick this year. Some teams might have, but not the Wizards.
“John is the by far most dynamic player in the draft. He’s probably one of the most dynamic guards to come out in a while when you combine his athleticism, his ability to defend and the speed that he has. A lot of times when players come into our league, you are trying to develop a guy into a point guard. Sometimes you are trying to change a guy who was a scorer or more of a shooting guard in college into point guard who can lead a team. John is definitely a guy who is a point guard. He averaged a lot of assists at Kentucky and pretty much dominated”
But can Flip dance?
“We were doing the John Wall Dance and the Evan Turner Dance and all those dances when we won the first pick.”
I’m sure the Evan Turner dance is nice. But The District is about the be a Wall Dance town.
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 13
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 27
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 19
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3
- Shane Larkin, a second thought as Knicks chase star free agents, trying to find his own way 1