May 20, 2010, 10:25 AM EDT
Chris Dudley, NBA center to Chris Dudley, governor of Oregon.
It could happen. Tuesday night Dudley won the Oregon Republican primary for governor. Apparently Oregon Republicans like defensive-minded shot blockers — which somehow seems fitting with a conservative worldview.
The problem Dudley faces is that the majority of Oregonians do not share his worldview — Oregon is about as blue a state as there is in the nation. The last time Oregon had a Republican governor was 1987 — when Dudley was still blocking shots at Yale. But at least he’s still in the race.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 0
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 9
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 13
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 25
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 88