May 20, 2010, 10:25 AM EST
Chris Dudley, NBA center to Chris Dudley, governor of Oregon.
It could happen. Tuesday night Dudley won the Oregon Republican primary for governor. Apparently Oregon Republicans like defensive-minded shot blockers — which somehow seems fitting with a conservative worldview.
The problem Dudley faces is that the majority of Oregonians do not share his worldview — Oregon is about as blue a state as there is in the nation. The last time Oregon had a Republican governor was 1987 — when Dudley was still blocking shots at Yale. But at least he’s still in the race.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 1
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 44