May 20, 2010, 10:25 AM EST
Chris Dudley, NBA center to Chris Dudley, governor of Oregon.
It could happen. Tuesday night Dudley won the Oregon Republican primary for governor. Apparently Oregon Republicans like defensive-minded shot blockers — which somehow seems fitting with a conservative worldview.
The problem Dudley faces is that the majority of Oregonians do not share his worldview — Oregon is about as blue a state as there is in the nation. The last time Oregon had a Republican governor was 1987 — when Dudley was still blocking shots at Yale. But at least he’s still in the race.
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 0
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 2
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 9
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 10
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 23
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Report: Kenyon Martin, Metta World Peace had “heated” argument (35)