May 20, 2010, 10:25 AM EST
Chris Dudley, NBA center to Chris Dudley, governor of Oregon.
It could happen. Tuesday night Dudley won the Oregon Republican primary for governor. Apparently Oregon Republicans like defensive-minded shot blockers — which somehow seems fitting with a conservative worldview.
The problem Dudley faces is that the majority of Oregonians do not share his worldview — Oregon is about as blue a state as there is in the nation. The last time Oregon had a Republican governor was 1987 — when Dudley was still blocking shots at Yale. But at least he’s still in the race.
- Derrick Rose leaves Bulls-Nuggets game with hamstring tightness 23
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 18
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23