May 20, 2010, 10:25 AM EDT
Chris Dudley, NBA center to Chris Dudley, governor of Oregon.
It could happen. Tuesday night Dudley won the Oregon Republican primary for governor. Apparently Oregon Republicans like defensive-minded shot blockers — which somehow seems fitting with a conservative worldview.
The problem Dudley faces is that the majority of Oregonians do not share his worldview — Oregon is about as blue a state as there is in the nation. The last time Oregon had a Republican governor was 1987 — when Dudley was still blocking shots at Yale. But at least he’s still in the race.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5