May 19, 2010, 1:55 AM EST
Paul Pierce’s Twitter account, @paulpierce34, has been verified for authenticity to give his followers the assurance that the feed is, in fact, legitimate. There’s no guarantee that Pierce is the man behind the keyboard (or plugging away from his phone, whatever), but at the very least we can rest assured that the messages being broadcast through that frequency are done so as a representation of Pierce himself.
That makes a few of Pierce’s latest tweets a bit interesting. The tweets from his account started off with some mild trash talk, warning that “You know we going crazy tonight. sorry Dwight.” He followed that up with an affirmation of his earlier taunt following the Celtics Game 2 victory, and finally, a tweet heard round the world:
“Anybody got a BROOM?”
There are numerous pieces of evidence that point to this being something aside from the mouthpiece of Pierce himself. The account is verified and does belong to Paul, but the bizarre online trash talk seems to have come from nowhere, contradicts Pierce and the Celtics’ “taking care of business” company line in favor of a more brash approach, and while all of Pierce’s other tweets were submitted via text or Twitter’s web site, the tweets in question were sent in using a non-browser agent called Twitterific. Ladies and gentlemen, I’d say this is a hack.
If nothing else, it’s all a bit bizarre, though I’m sure it will only be a matter of time before Pierce and his representatives confirm what we already know: the Twitter trash talk, while entertaining, isn’t from Paul.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30