May 19, 2010, 1:55 AM EDT
Paul Pierce’s Twitter account, @paulpierce34, has been verified for authenticity to give his followers the assurance that the feed is, in fact, legitimate. There’s no guarantee that Pierce is the man behind the keyboard (or plugging away from his phone, whatever), but at the very least we can rest assured that the messages being broadcast through that frequency are done so as a representation of Pierce himself.
That makes a few of Pierce’s latest tweets a bit interesting. The tweets from his account started off with some mild trash talk, warning that “You know we going crazy tonight. sorry Dwight.” He followed that up with an affirmation of his earlier taunt following the Celtics Game 2 victory, and finally, a tweet heard round the world:
“Anybody got a BROOM?”
There are numerous pieces of evidence that point to this being something aside from the mouthpiece of Pierce himself. The account is verified and does belong to Paul, but the bizarre online trash talk seems to have come from nowhere, contradicts Pierce and the Celtics’ “taking care of business” company line in favor of a more brash approach, and while all of Pierce’s other tweets were submitted via text or Twitter’s web site, the tweets in question were sent in using a non-browser agent called Twitterific. Ladies and gentlemen, I’d say this is a hack.
If nothing else, it’s all a bit bizarre, though I’m sure it will only be a matter of time before Pierce and his representatives confirm what we already know: the Twitter trash talk, while entertaining, isn’t from Paul.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 5
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 39
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?