May 19, 2010, 10:29 AM EST
There is a whole mountain of unanswered questions about what the Cleveland Cavaliers will look like on the court next season. A Mount Everest of questions.
But we do know this — Leon Powe will be a part of it.
Yesterday the Cavs made the no-brainer move of picking up their option on Powe. When the Cavs signed him last summer they knew it was mostly for next year, he was just starting rehab on a serious knee injury. He is a very talented young player — he gave the Celtics an efficient 8 points and 5 rebounds a game off the bench two years ago. This season he returned to play 20 games, but was still never quite the same.
Next year may be different. Powe will make $915,852 next year. That’s not a lot to spend to see if the talented young forward can have a big bounce back year.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13