May 19, 2010, 10:29 AM EST
There is a whole mountain of unanswered questions about what the Cleveland Cavaliers will look like on the court next season. A Mount Everest of questions.
But we do know this — Leon Powe will be a part of it.
Yesterday the Cavs made the no-brainer move of picking up their option on Powe. When the Cavs signed him last summer they knew it was mostly for next year, he was just starting rehab on a serious knee injury. He is a very talented young player — he gave the Celtics an efficient 8 points and 5 rebounds a game off the bench two years ago. This season he returned to play 20 games, but was still never quite the same.
Next year may be different. Powe will make $915,852 next year. That’s not a lot to spend to see if the talented young forward can have a big bounce back year.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7