May 19, 2010, 10:54 AM EST
It was an early contender for silliest bit of LeBron speculation out there – that he was going to Chicago and Doc Rivers was going to join him. Rivers grew up in Chicago, he was going to come home to the deep-dish pizza and a Bulls team that needed him.
Rivers himself shot that one down emphatically before Game 2 last night (as reported by ESPNChicago):
“It’s funny, I told someone today that’s the first time I’ve heard about it. I said ‘I’m either going to be in Boston or home’. And one guy said, ‘Well, home is Chicago or wherever else.’ I said, ‘That’s just stupid talk.’ I think that’s just ridiculous.”
Rivers, and for that matter Phil Jackson, are not coming to Chicago to coach. But if you’re desperate for a big name, you can always throw out Larry Brown. He’s rumored for every job anyway.
- The Extra Pass: Golden State’s Elevator Screen plus Wednesday’s recaps 0
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Vintage Dwyane Wade sighting 1
- Heat come from 15 down to even season series with Pacers 28
- Report: At the moment, Lakers no longer considering trading Pau gasol 12
- PBT Extra: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Plus coaching hot seat talk. 6
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)