May 19, 2010, 1:52 PM EST
If you’re going to get busted for possession for marijuana — a drug half the country wants legalized anyway — might as well go all out.
Like have smoke coming out of your car when you get pulled over by the cops. And having a joint plus like five bags of herb in that car. And driving around with your headlights off at night.
Well done Wilson Chandler, you have nailed it.
According to the New York Daily News, Chandler got pulled over at 11:30 pm in Queens last night for all of that. Then the reporters called his relatives in other states to get their reaction, and listen to them say, “not our nice boy.” Nice stereotyping job by the Daily News throwing in that Chandler has a lot of tattoos, by the way.
Maybe this was medicinal for the groin strain that kept him out the last few weeks of the season….
Nah. This will mean rehab and maybe a suspension for Chandler, the third-year swingman who played well for stretches in the Knicks up-tempo system. He is young and can play, so this is not going to seriously hurt his standing among general managers or even on his own team.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 8
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 1
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 18
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 15
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)