May 19, 2010, 4:55 PM EST
Dwight Howard gave a good playoff foul to Paul Pierce in the second quarter of last night’s game. A hard foul that caught Pierce’s head. He got a “flagrant one” for that — meaning Pierce got his free throws and the Celtics got the ball out of bounds.
But that will be the extent of the punishment. The league announced today that Howard would not be suspended for Game 3, something TrueHoop’s Henry Abbott broke.
That’s the fair call. It was a hard foul, but this was not something with malicious intent behind it. It was a playoff foul. Not something you suspend a guy over.
So Dwight Howard plays Saturday. Not that it is going to help.
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 3
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 5
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 10
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 23
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 25
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10