May 19, 2010, 4:55 PM EDT
Dwight Howard gave a good playoff foul to Paul Pierce in the second quarter of last night’s game. A hard foul that caught Pierce’s head. He got a “flagrant one” for that — meaning Pierce got his free throws and the Celtics got the ball out of bounds.
But that will be the extent of the punishment. The league announced today that Howard would not be suspended for Game 3, something TrueHoop’s Henry Abbott broke.
That’s the fair call. It was a hard foul, but this was not something with malicious intent behind it. It was a playoff foul. Not something you suspend a guy over.
So Dwight Howard plays Saturday. Not that it is going to help.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50