May 19, 2010, 4:55 PM EDT
Dwight Howard gave a good playoff foul to Paul Pierce in the second quarter of last night’s game. A hard foul that caught Pierce’s head. He got a “flagrant one” for that — meaning Pierce got his free throws and the Celtics got the ball out of bounds.
But that will be the extent of the punishment. The league announced today that Howard would not be suspended for Game 3, something TrueHoop’s Henry Abbott broke.
That’s the fair call. It was a hard foul, but this was not something with malicious intent behind it. It was a playoff foul. Not something you suspend a guy over.
So Dwight Howard plays Saturday. Not that it is going to help.
- Why shot-location defense matters 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 5
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 8
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 9
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6