May 19, 2010, 4:55 PM EDT
Dwight Howard gave a good playoff foul to Paul Pierce in the second quarter of last night’s game. A hard foul that caught Pierce’s head. He got a “flagrant one” for that — meaning Pierce got his free throws and the Celtics got the ball out of bounds.
But that will be the extent of the punishment. The league announced today that Howard would not be suspended for Game 3, something TrueHoop’s Henry Abbott broke.
That’s the fair call. It was a hard foul, but this was not something with malicious intent behind it. It was a playoff foul. Not something you suspend a guy over.
So Dwight Howard plays Saturday. Not that it is going to help.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 0
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 7
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 23
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 14
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10