May 19, 2010, 6:43 PM EST
From the department of messed up stories involving the parents of NBA veterans in the NBA Conference Finals:
Celtics’ reserve Marquis Daniels’ stepfather Willie L. Buie was involved in a disturbance last night during the Celtics’ win over the Magic. The responding officers attempted to remove Buie, which he then fought, yelling profanities and swinging his arms free. This resulted in the officers using a taser on the 55 year old man for five seconds in the process of arresting him.
(Side note: I understand the practicality of noting how long the gun was used on him, but it just sticks out. I mean, is ten seconds dramatically worse than five seconds? Did they time it? Did they yell “one-Mississippi-two-Mississipi”?)
So after Amar’e Stoudemire’s mom apparently put him in a mouthing off mood with her continued shenanigans, now we have a Celtics’ reserve’s father getting tasered on the road. Maybe leave your folks at home, NBA players. There’s a pattern forming here.
Daniels hasn’t been on the floor in this series, having slipped out of the rotation with Tony Allen excelling. And now this. Not the best week. The fact that this happened with Orlando security is likely to cause some questions about what exactly it was that Buie did to elicit an ejection.
The good news is he was tasered for less time than this series will take.
- Report: Celtics and Mavericks nearing agreement on Rajon Rondo trade 0
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 6
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 25