May 18, 2010, 9:54 AM EDT
No practice for a week. Fluid drained from your knee. So what? These little inconveniences did not slow Kobe Bryant in Game 1 against the Suns. He dropped 40 and was a key reason the Lakers won big to take a 1-0 series lead.
The Suns will make adjustments, although there may not be many they can make on Kobe.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 20
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 68
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30