May 18, 2010, 9:54 AM EST
No practice for a week. Fluid drained from your knee. So what? These little inconveniences did not slow Kobe Bryant in Game 1 against the Suns. He dropped 40 and was a key reason the Lakers won big to take a 1-0 series lead.
The Suns will make adjustments, although there may not be many they can make on Kobe.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 12
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30