May 18, 2010, 10:23 PM EDT
The Magic were much more aggressive getting Dwight Howard open. The Celtics matched that, being more aggressive attacking the rim.
The result was an offensive half from two defensive teams that ended with the Celtics up two, 53-51 at the break.
Paul Pierce led all scorers with 22 as he could not seem to miss, but Rajon Rondo was on as well scoring 13 on 4 of 7 shooting. The Celtics offense really flowed in a way it did not in game one.
Orlando used gall movement to free up Howard – who had 17 first half points – and to just get more looks by attacking. The Magic were 4 of 8 from three, much better than their 0-9 first half in Game 1.
If one team can step up on the defensive end, they will win. Will be a fun second half to watch.
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 2
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 52
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 28
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights