May 18, 2010, 10:23 PM EDT
The Magic were much more aggressive getting Dwight Howard open. The Celtics matched that, being more aggressive attacking the rim.
The result was an offensive half from two defensive teams that ended with the Celtics up two, 53-51 at the break.
Paul Pierce led all scorers with 22 as he could not seem to miss, but Rajon Rondo was on as well scoring 13 on 4 of 7 shooting. The Celtics offense really flowed in a way it did not in game one.
Orlando used gall movement to free up Howard – who had 17 first half points – and to just get more looks by attacking. The Magic were 4 of 8 from three, much better than their 0-9 first half in Game 1.
If one team can step up on the defensive end, they will win. Will be a fun second half to watch.
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 63
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 30
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 20
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 61