May 18, 2010, 10:23 PM EDT
The Magic were much more aggressive getting Dwight Howard open. The Celtics matched that, being more aggressive attacking the rim.
The result was an offensive half from two defensive teams that ended with the Celtics up two, 53-51 at the break.
Paul Pierce led all scorers with 22 as he could not seem to miss, but Rajon Rondo was on as well scoring 13 on 4 of 7 shooting. The Celtics offense really flowed in a way it did not in game one.
Orlando used gall movement to free up Howard – who had 17 first half points – and to just get more looks by attacking. The Magic were 4 of 8 from three, much better than their 0-9 first half in Game 1.
If one team can step up on the defensive end, they will win. Will be a fun second half to watch.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7