May 18, 2010, 10:23 PM EDT
The Magic were much more aggressive getting Dwight Howard open. The Celtics matched that, being more aggressive attacking the rim.
The result was an offensive half from two defensive teams that ended with the Celtics up two, 53-51 at the break.
Paul Pierce led all scorers with 22 as he could not seem to miss, but Rajon Rondo was on as well scoring 13 on 4 of 7 shooting. The Celtics offense really flowed in a way it did not in game one.
Orlando used gall movement to free up Howard – who had 17 first half points – and to just get more looks by attacking. The Magic were 4 of 8 from three, much better than their 0-9 first half in Game 1.
If one team can step up on the defensive end, they will win. Will be a fun second half to watch.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10