May 18, 2010, 4:36 PM EST
The “Mayor’s bet” is a time-honored tradition in sports. When two teams meet in a big playoff series, it’s common for the mayors of the cities the teams play in to make a friendly wager. Sometimes a cities bet a few truckloads of food. Sometimes they have to temporarily change the name of something. You know, fun stuff.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5