May 18, 2010, 9:03 AM EST
Phil Jackson isn’t going to talk about it. Kobe Bryant won’t go near it. The Lakers aren’t going to talk about it or wear their Los Lakers jerseys. While there was a small protest outside, inside Staples Center the Arizona Immigration law discussion was dead.
Except for Kobe Bryant’s wife.
Vanessa Bryant is part Hispanic and she wore a shirt that said, “Do I look illegal?” to the game.
The reference was clear.
She — and often the couple’s daughters — are regulars at Lakers games. They tend to stay out of the limelight, as much as that is possible for a high-profile family. But she gets noticed, and used that to make a statement at Game 1 against Arizona.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 0
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 8
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20