May 18, 2010, 12:05 PM EDT
There are celebrities who show up to those prime courtside Lakers seats to be seen, and then there are celebrities who are Lakers fans. Or maybe a little of both. Jack Nicholson likes to be seen, but nobody questions his fanhood.
Same with David Arquette. You know him, the guy from the Scream movies married to Courtney Cox. (Oh and don’t worry, they are making Scream 4.) He’s in the front row all the time at Staples and he’s a fan.
And, apparently, he wants to be a security guard for a second job. ESPNLosAngles.com’s Ramona Shelburne had the story.
Eyewitnesses describe Arquette as a “peacemaker” after he was knocked to the ground trying to help a security guard who’d been pinned to the ground by a fan who rushed the court after the Lakers beat the Suns 128-107 in Game 1 of the Western Conference finals.
Michael Roth, vice president of communications for AEG, which operates Staples Center, couldn’t confirm Arquette’s involvement in the incident, but confirmed a physical incident occurred along the courtside seats opposite the Suns bench at the end of the game.
“At the end of the game, a fan came out of the stands and out on to the court,” Roth said. “Any time a fan breaches the court, you don’t know what their intentions are. We approached him and asked him to leave and when he didn’t want to leave, there was some force used.”
Remember, Arquette has some wrestling experience, you may not want to mess with him. Those wrestlers know how to use those courtside folding chairs.
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68