May 18, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
According to Hoopchina (the original article is in Chinese, but the good folks at The Hoops Market were kind enough to translate), Yao Ming and the Rockets could be parting ways in the not-too-distant future. The article states that talks about an extension between the Rockets and their center have become “delicate,” as Yao wants a six-year extension while the team is only willing to offer four. If the two sides cannot agree on a deal, Yao could walk when he becomes a free agent at the end of the season.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20