May 18, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
According to Hoopchina (the original article is in Chinese, but the good folks at The Hoops Market were kind enough to translate), Yao Ming and the Rockets could be parting ways in the not-too-distant future. The article states that talks about an extension between the Rockets and their center have become “delicate,” as Yao wants a six-year extension while the team is only willing to offer four. If the two sides cannot agree on a deal, Yao could walk when he becomes a free agent at the end of the season.
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 2
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 2
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25