May 17, 2010, 6:56 PM EDT
Last season, the Cleveland Cavaliers swept through the first two rounds of the playoffs with ease, only to lose home-court advantage after a game one loss to the Orlando Magic. They went on to lose the series, and it’s clear looking back that they may have underestimated the eventual Eastern Conference Champions. A year later, it’s the Magic who swept through the first two rounds, only to be suffer an upset loss to the Boston Celtics in game one of the conference finals.
“Being 8-0 in the playoffs – I can’t speak for everyone – but we may have been feeling ourselves too much,” Matt Barnes said. “They kicked our (butts) last night, and now we have to get back to work.”
Barnes went on to say that the fourth-seeded Celtics are clearly a tougher opponent than the third-seeded Hawks, whom the Magic swept in the second round, saying “Not to take anything away from Atlanta, but 7 days off & playing Atlanta is a lot different than playing Boston.”
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 8
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 23
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 8
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 101
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (101)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'