May 15, 2010, 7:56 PM EDT
Nobody thinks a week off between the end of the Lakers/Jazz series and the start of the Lakers/Suns series was a good idea (it was even a day longer for the Suns). Well, the NBA league offices think it’s a good idea, but nobody logical.
The Lakers were at least hoping to get one good thing out of it — Andrew Bynum’s knee would get some rest. He would come back stronger.
Nope. Bynum said his knee is continually feeling worse the more he plays.
The good news, relatively, is that it’s not getting worse. He hasn’t practiced with the team, so the knee is the same. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground… same as it ever was.
Bynum says he can play through it. Thing is, his minutes likely would have been reduced some this series as the Lakers leaned more on the more mobile Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom anyway. The Lakers would still have their size advantage inside but can defend the pick and roll better with that pair.
Bynum likely will spend most of his time on the just back from injury Robin Lopez in a battle of the hobbling big men.
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 2
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 48
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights