May 15, 2010, 7:56 PM EDT
Nobody thinks a week off between the end of the Lakers/Jazz series and the start of the Lakers/Suns series was a good idea (it was even a day longer for the Suns). Well, the NBA league offices think it’s a good idea, but nobody logical.
The Lakers were at least hoping to get one good thing out of it — Andrew Bynum’s knee would get some rest. He would come back stronger.
Nope. Bynum said his knee is continually feeling worse the more he plays.
The good news, relatively, is that it’s not getting worse. He hasn’t practiced with the team, so the knee is the same. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground… same as it ever was.
Bynum says he can play through it. Thing is, his minutes likely would have been reduced some this series as the Lakers leaned more on the more mobile Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom anyway. The Lakers would still have their size advantage inside but can defend the pick and roll better with that pair.
Bynum likely will spend most of his time on the just back from injury Robin Lopez in a battle of the hobbling big men.
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 0
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 9
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 44
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 17
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 44
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (75)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record