May 14, 2010, 11:39 AM EDT
All the talk about that LeBron guy — not to mention the play of Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce — overshadowed the fact that the Celtics got contributions up and down the roster in this win. And this series.
For example, did you know Tony Allen was a ferocious dunker? Neither did we, but he threw down a monster that inspired the crowd and his teammates heading into the half last night. In the third quarter the Celtics pulled away.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18