May 14, 2010, 11:33 PM EDT
Is it really a big Lakers playoff series if Phil Jackson doesn’t take a stab at an opposing city or player?
Nope. So I guess we have a series. After Lakers practice Friday Phil Jackson was asked if it was hard to simulate in practice what Steve Nash does in a game. We have his answer:
“Yeah, because you can’t carry the ball like he does in practice,” Jackson said, smiling as he moved his arm and turned over his palm, the symbol for an illegal carry in the unofficial sign language of basketball. “You can’t pick that ball up and run with it.”
If there is one thing Jackson loves more than Montana or tweaking David Stern, it’s trying to manipulate referees through the media. He does it a lot.
Probably not going to get this one, though. Don’t expect Steve Nash to be hit with a bunch of carrying calls come Monday night.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50