May 14, 2010, 11:33 PM EDT
Is it really a big Lakers playoff series if Phil Jackson doesn’t take a stab at an opposing city or player?
Nope. So I guess we have a series. After Lakers practice Friday Phil Jackson was asked if it was hard to simulate in practice what Steve Nash does in a game. We have his answer:
“Yeah, because you can’t carry the ball like he does in practice,” Jackson said, smiling as he moved his arm and turned over his palm, the symbol for an illegal carry in the unofficial sign language of basketball. “You can’t pick that ball up and run with it.”
If there is one thing Jackson loves more than Montana or tweaking David Stern, it’s trying to manipulate referees through the media. He does it a lot.
Probably not going to get this one, though. Don’t expect Steve Nash to be hit with a bunch of carrying calls come Monday night.
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 0
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2