May 14, 2010, 11:33 PM EDT
Is it really a big Lakers playoff series if Phil Jackson doesn’t take a stab at an opposing city or player?
Nope. So I guess we have a series. After Lakers practice Friday Phil Jackson was asked if it was hard to simulate in practice what Steve Nash does in a game. We have his answer:
“Yeah, because you can’t carry the ball like he does in practice,” Jackson said, smiling as he moved his arm and turned over his palm, the symbol for an illegal carry in the unofficial sign language of basketball. “You can’t pick that ball up and run with it.”
If there is one thing Jackson loves more than Montana or tweaking David Stern, it’s trying to manipulate referees through the media. He does it a lot.
Probably not going to get this one, though. Don’t expect Steve Nash to be hit with a bunch of carrying calls come Monday night.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 40
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18