May 14, 2010, 11:33 PM EDT
Is it really a big Lakers playoff series if Phil Jackson doesn’t take a stab at an opposing city or player?
Nope. So I guess we have a series. After Lakers practice Friday Phil Jackson was asked if it was hard to simulate in practice what Steve Nash does in a game. We have his answer:
“Yeah, because you can’t carry the ball like he does in practice,” Jackson said, smiling as he moved his arm and turned over his palm, the symbol for an illegal carry in the unofficial sign language of basketball. “You can’t pick that ball up and run with it.”
If there is one thing Jackson loves more than Montana or tweaking David Stern, it’s trying to manipulate referees through the media. He does it a lot.
Probably not going to get this one, though. Don’t expect Steve Nash to be hit with a bunch of carrying calls come Monday night.
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 0
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 35
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 79
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 19
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48