May 14, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
John Calipari insists he is not leaving Kentucky. Seriously. You can tell he means it because he said it on twitter today.
I’ve said many times that I’ve got the best job in the country. Still the speculation runs wild and I can’t stop that…
I want to address this with the Big Blue Nation one last time, I will be coaching at Kentucky next year. Now let’s finish what we started!
So why doesn’t everybody believe him? Why are there rampant reports about him coaching Chicago or maybe Cleveland next year in the NBA, leading a team with LeBron James on the court? Why won’t anybody just take him at his word?
We’ll there’s history.
March 27, 2009, his quote was “Memphis is where I want to coach.” Four days later he was telling Memphis officials he was gone to rival Kentucky.
The man has a history of praising the job he is at while working to get another, better one. So, pardon us if we take his word with a grain of salt. Or maybe a whole salt flat.
- Mike Krzyzewski might coach USA Basketball in 2016 Olympics 0
- George Hill not yet cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks, remains a game-time decision 1
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 24
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 20
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 60
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay