May 13, 2010, 6:53 PM EDT
LeBron has taken a mountain of, um, well, fertilizer for his performance in Game 5.
Vince Carter feels for him, as he told the Orlando Sentinel. And when Vince Carter feels for you…
“It’s a tough situation to be in when you want to be, when you are the best player in the league. Which he probably is. To take the scrutiny, it’s tough. For a guy like that, to probably be the first time to have this happen to him, it’s tough. Who better to talk to him than Shaq? Shaq’s been there.
“It’s one of those things where you kind of have to find and navigate your way through sometimes. I think he’s going to be fine. It’s just one game, I know it’s a big series, but he’s done so much for the league, the team the city to where I think the support is still there. I would think so. He’s still pretty darn good on his worst night.”
Vince Carter has taken plenty of fertilizer, most of it he brought on himself. Not that anything he said was really wrong, it’s just when Vince Carter can relate to the amount of crap you get… well you got a lot.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49