May 13, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
UPDATE 6:00 pm: In the immortal words of Emily Litella, “never mind.”
Durant tweeted this afternoon that he was just joking, he has no intention of doing the dunk contest. His choice, he can do what he wants, but don’t tease us like that man. We need people like you to be in, to liven it up, to own it like Dwight Howard owned it. Don’t say you’re in and not mean it. We can’t take it.
3:15 pm: After this season’s infamous dunk contest, the NBA would love for somebody to generate some interest in next year’s contest. Maybe Oklahoma City star Kevin Durant can be that guy. Durant announced on his U-Stream show last night that he’ll compete in the dunk contest.
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 2
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 0
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 19
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9