May 13, 2010, 6:00 PM EST
UPDATE 6:00 pm: In the immortal words of Emily Litella, “never mind.”
Durant tweeted this afternoon that he was just joking, he has no intention of doing the dunk contest. His choice, he can do what he wants, but don’t tease us like that man. We need people like you to be in, to liven it up, to own it like Dwight Howard owned it. Don’t say you’re in and not mean it. We can’t take it.
3:15 pm: After this season’s infamous dunk contest, the NBA would love for somebody to generate some interest in next year’s contest. Maybe Oklahoma City star Kevin Durant can be that guy. Durant announced on his U-Stream show last night that he’ll compete in the dunk contest.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30