May 12, 2010, 2:19 PM EDT
Nick Collison has found a nice niche as a quality big off the bench in Oklahoma City. He wants to keep it that way.
That’s why early in the offseason — like yesterday — he had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. That’s an almost routine surgery these days and Collison will be good to go come training camp in the fall.
Collison is owed $6.7 million next year in the last year of his current deal. He will be a free agent… just in time for the lockout. Lucky him.
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 0
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 7
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 35
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6