May 12, 2010, 2:19 PM EDT
Nick Collison has found a nice niche as a quality big off the bench in Oklahoma City. He wants to keep it that way.
That’s why early in the offseason — like yesterday — he had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. That’s an almost routine surgery these days and Collison will be good to go come training camp in the fall.
Collison is owed $6.7 million next year in the last year of his current deal. He will be a free agent… just in time for the lockout. Lucky him.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 72
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20