May 12, 2010, 2:19 PM EST
Nick Collison has found a nice niche as a quality big off the bench in Oklahoma City. He wants to keep it that way.
That’s why early in the offseason — like yesterday — he had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. That’s an almost routine surgery these days and Collison will be good to go come training camp in the fall.
Collison is owed $6.7 million next year in the last year of his current deal. He will be a free agent… just in time for the lockout. Lucky him.
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 0
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 2
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 11
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 14
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (53)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)