May 12, 2010, 2:19 PM EST
Nick Collison has found a nice niche as a quality big off the bench in Oklahoma City. He wants to keep it that way.
That’s why early in the offseason — like yesterday — he had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. That’s an almost routine surgery these days and Collison will be good to go come training camp in the fall.
Collison is owed $6.7 million next year in the last year of his current deal. He will be a free agent… just in time for the lockout. Lucky him.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 7
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 13
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20