May 12, 2010, 7:34 PM EDT
Dan Gilbert had good seats for a terrible game. Front row on the baseline, just about 10 feet from the Cavaliers bench.
The NBA Nation has spent a day psychoanalyzing the Cavaliers and LeBron James effort. Is it his elbow? Has he mentally checked out for NewYork? Was it just an off night for him where his teammates (outside Shaq) didn’t step up? Maybe we’re just overlooking the fact, the Celtics are good?
Whatever theory you subscribe to, Cavaliers owner Gilbert doesn’t really care. Losing he can handle, but two bad efforts in a row at him has him — and other Cleveland fans — frustrated. He explained how he felt to Brian Windhorst at the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
“Our entire franchise has done everything in its power to put all of our players and its coaching staff in the best possible position to execute when it counts,” Gilbert said. “And to deliver to the highly supportive fans of Cleveland a proud, intense, impassioned all-out drive to achieve a championship…
“The last two home playoff losses and the manner in which we lost these games does not come close to being anywhere near the high expectations all of us have of our organization. Our fans and supporters deserve more…
“Above all, the fans of the Cleveland Cavaliers, as well as the entire franchise, deserve and need our players and coaches to dig deep within themselves,” Gilbert said.
I think he speaks for most Cleveland fans there. Just with a lot fewer swear works.
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 0
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 6
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 11
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 27
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23