May 11, 2010, 8:29 AM EST
If Carlos Boozer walked around singing some Boomtown Rats — “I don’t like Mondays” — I would not blame him. And I’d give him a wide berth when I can across him.
For the fourth game in the series he was utterly outplayed by Pau Gasol. Boozer was 4 of 11 from the floor and a -14 in the game. He fouled out with 3:31 left in the contest. He and his Jazz got swept out of the playoffs and embarrassed by the Los Angeles Lakers. That game, by the way, may be his last one as a member of the Utah Jazz.
Then the media bus ran into his truck.
Multiple Los Angeles based media members reported that the bus that shuttles the media from the arena to the hotel hit Boozer’s Escalade.
Just the perfect ending to the perfect day.
“I don’t like Mondays.”
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 5
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 32
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (40)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)