May 11, 2010, 8:29 AM EDT
If Carlos Boozer walked around singing some Boomtown Rats — “I don’t like Mondays” — I would not blame him. And I’d give him a wide berth when I can across him.
For the fourth game in the series he was utterly outplayed by Pau Gasol. Boozer was 4 of 11 from the floor and a -14 in the game. He fouled out with 3:31 left in the contest. He and his Jazz got swept out of the playoffs and embarrassed by the Los Angeles Lakers. That game, by the way, may be his last one as a member of the Utah Jazz.
Then the media bus ran into his truck.
Multiple Los Angeles based media members reported that the bus that shuttles the media from the arena to the hotel hit Boozer’s Escalade.
Just the perfect ending to the perfect day.
“I don’t like Mondays.”
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18