May 11, 2010, 8:29 AM EDT
If Carlos Boozer walked around singing some Boomtown Rats — “I don’t like Mondays” — I would not blame him. And I’d give him a wide berth when I can across him.
For the fourth game in the series he was utterly outplayed by Pau Gasol. Boozer was 4 of 11 from the floor and a -14 in the game. He fouled out with 3:31 left in the contest. He and his Jazz got swept out of the playoffs and embarrassed by the Los Angeles Lakers. That game, by the way, may be his last one as a member of the Utah Jazz.
Then the media bus ran into his truck.
Multiple Los Angeles based media members reported that the bus that shuttles the media from the arena to the hotel hit Boozer’s Escalade.
Just the perfect ending to the perfect day.
“I don’t like Mondays.”
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 12
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 20
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 13
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42