May 10, 2010, 2:24 PM EDT
Steve Nash was bloodied and injured, just another series for him against the San Antonio Spurs. Except this time it was an inadvertent Tim Duncan elbow that left him with an eye almost swollen shut.
“When I came into the league that was just a normal foul in the playoffs. Now, I call it a quarterback league.
“You know from that point on I was labeled ‘Big Cheap Shot.’ If you go back and look at the history of basketball it kind of changed. If you hit guys now you get thrown out of the game. It is the playoffs. You play hard and you foul hard and make sure that people remember you so that deters them from going into the lane and going into the paint. You can be remembered by one thing. That is one of those things that I am infamous for is that foul on Steve Nash. I told everybody that if it was anybody in the World other than Steve Nash, I wouldn’t be talked about right now.”
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 20
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10