May 8, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
Tony Parker had a pretty bad night last night. Losing to go down 0-3 to the Suns who the Spurs have traditionally owned, getting limited by Goran Dragic’ defense and watching the young Slovenian shred him and the rest of his team for 23 points in the fourth quarter.
Oh, yeah, and he hurt his shoulder.
Parker is scheduled to have an MRI today on an injured shoulder he suffered in the second quarter. The assumption is that the injury is minor and there’s nothing to be concerned with. But the greater concern has to be the cumulative effective. Parker has dealt with a myriad of injuries, including the painful plantar fasciitis throughout this season, and the effect has been noticeable.
Parker is struggling to keep whoever he is guarding in front of him. And against the Suns, it’s his man that’s usually doing the damage, forcing Gregg Popovich to turn to George Hill, who lacks the experience necessary, to play lockdown defender.
We’ll keep you updated on Parker’s condition and the results of the MRI.
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 6
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10