May 7, 2010, 1:39 PM EDT
This wasn’t old-school Vinsanity.
The old Vince Carter won games by taking them over and just outscoring the other team nearly single-handedly. That is not how you win a title. You do that by getting your points in the flow of the offense, making the other team respect you and that opens up good looks for others. The Hawks couldn’t be everywhere in game two, they let Carter take the big shots in the fourth quarter.
And we have a new school Vinsanity. One that makes the Magic hard to beat.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 2
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 13
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24