May 7, 2010, 1:39 PM EST
This wasn’t old-school Vinsanity.
The old Vince Carter won games by taking them over and just outscoring the other team nearly single-handedly. That is not how you win a title. You do that by getting your points in the flow of the offense, making the other team respect you and that opens up good looks for others. The Hawks couldn’t be everywhere in game two, they let Carter take the big shots in the fourth quarter.
And we have a new school Vinsanity. One that makes the Magic hard to beat.
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 0
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 12
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 10
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36