May 7, 2010, 1:39 PM EDT
This wasn’t old-school Vinsanity.
The old Vince Carter won games by taking them over and just outscoring the other team nearly single-handedly. That is not how you win a title. You do that by getting your points in the flow of the offense, making the other team respect you and that opens up good looks for others. The Hawks couldn’t be everywhere in game two, they let Carter take the big shots in the fourth quarter.
And we have a new school Vinsanity. One that makes the Magic hard to beat.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 9
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 22
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 56
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 48
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65