May 7, 2010, 2:38 PM EST
In the wake of the “Los Suns” controversy –and if you don’t think it was controversial, check out our commenters on the story — the Suns/Spurs series shifts to San Antonio.
Another former part of Mexico. Another city with a lot of Mexican influences. Another city with a large Hispanic population. Another city where immigration issues can boil to the surface.
And the fans tonight in San Antonio will be wearing white T-shirts that say, “Fantastico! SenSAtional! Loco!” according to NBA.com’s Sekou Smith.
Loco? As in crazy? Is that a little political statement from the Spurs?
You can decide for yourself. The Spurs are not wearing their “Los Spurs” uniforms tonight.
If the Spurs themselves don’t go a little crazy, this series will be over soon.
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6