May 7, 2010, 2:38 PM EDT
In the wake of the “Los Suns” controversy –and if you don’t think it was controversial, check out our commenters on the story — the Suns/Spurs series shifts to San Antonio.
Another former part of Mexico. Another city with a lot of Mexican influences. Another city with a large Hispanic population. Another city where immigration issues can boil to the surface.
And the fans tonight in San Antonio will be wearing white T-shirts that say, “Fantastico! SenSAtional! Loco!” according to NBA.com’s Sekou Smith.
Loco? As in crazy? Is that a little political statement from the Spurs?
You can decide for yourself. The Spurs are not wearing their “Los Spurs” uniforms tonight.
If the Spurs themselves don’t go a little crazy, this series will be over soon.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 12
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 14
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 14
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46