May 7, 2010, 2:38 PM EST
In the wake of the “Los Suns” controversy –and if you don’t think it was controversial, check out our commenters on the story — the Suns/Spurs series shifts to San Antonio.
Another former part of Mexico. Another city with a lot of Mexican influences. Another city with a large Hispanic population. Another city where immigration issues can boil to the surface.
And the fans tonight in San Antonio will be wearing white T-shirts that say, “Fantastico! SenSAtional! Loco!” according to NBA.com’s Sekou Smith.
Loco? As in crazy? Is that a little political statement from the Spurs?
You can decide for yourself. The Spurs are not wearing their “Los Spurs” uniforms tonight.
If the Spurs themselves don’t go a little crazy, this series will be over soon.
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 0
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 3
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 20
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7