May 7, 2010, 2:38 PM EDT
In the wake of the “Los Suns” controversy –and if you don’t think it was controversial, check out our commenters on the story — the Suns/Spurs series shifts to San Antonio.
Another former part of Mexico. Another city with a lot of Mexican influences. Another city with a large Hispanic population. Another city where immigration issues can boil to the surface.
And the fans tonight in San Antonio will be wearing white T-shirts that say, “Fantastico! SenSAtional! Loco!” according to NBA.com’s Sekou Smith.
Loco? As in crazy? Is that a little political statement from the Spurs?
You can decide for yourself. The Spurs are not wearing their “Los Spurs” uniforms tonight.
If the Spurs themselves don’t go a little crazy, this series will be over soon.
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 22
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 21
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2