Ron Artest not a fan of Phil Jackson's coaching style

May 7, 2010, 8:48 PM EST

UPDATE 8:48 PM: NBA_artest.jpgFriday after practice, Ron Artest would not admit if he made these tweets. His brother, Daniel, had tweeted later in the day that Artest’s account has been hacked.

When asked about it, Artest was vintage Artest. He wouldn’t answer the question, challenged the assembled reporters to quote the posts exactly, then said here was only there to talk about basketball, according to the AP.

He also said he “is never upset with his coach.” Which nobody who has ever had a coach at any level doesn’t buy. Sounds to me like he did it and is trying to backtrack. But this is Ron Artest, who who knows.

4:22 pm: Ron Artest has quietly fit in with the Lakers this year. Well, relatively quiet (I mean there is the hair and the comments about drinking Hennessy at halftime and…). But he has fit in within the locker room, if not always with in the offense.

But then came a couple of interesting tweets from his account.

Finally Phil Jackson didn’t mention me in media before talking me Now I can build on game 2. Hopefully he talks to me before the media

Ever since phil mention things about me in media before coming to me first I was weird . So every pray he can somehow close his yapper

And now say AMEN

Its just something that I have to get use to. He is a different stlye coach. Just bad timing during playoffs and midseason for me!!

Jackson loves to tweak his players through the media; he’s done that since the Bulls era. If nothing else, it gets the attention of players, who don’t like that kind of public criticism.

But Ron Artest didn’t like it. And he knows how to play the media game, too.

1. Carl Green - May 7, 2010 at 5:17 PM

I think Ron Artest should not let Phil’ comments bother him. Reason being is he’s about get an NBA ring which why he came to the Lakers in the first place. Now if I’m right and he’ll forget about what Phil said or anyone once he get the ring.

2. MARCO - May 7, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Ron needs to keep his mouth shut and start proving he”s worth the money lakers payed him .

3. Backoguy - May 7, 2010 at 5:47 PM

And why did they need this mouth on the the team?

4. ocgunslinger - May 7, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Defend, rebound, quit taking those 3 points shots, STFU and you just may have a ring this year.

5. JoeBob - May 7, 2010 at 6:43 PM

I always thought the coach was the leader and the player are to follow.
    Artest needs to shut his flap besides how many championship rings does he have, Jackson has tons.

6. Dante Santini - May 7, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Does it ever amaze you — I mean those of you that can competently read and write — that the communication skills of athletically talented, supremely rich and highly pampered sports stars such as Ron Artest are so often inversely proportional to their abilities on the court?
    You would think that these famous public figures with unlimited time and resources would be embarrassed enough to actually hire a tutor to teach them the basics of sentence structure, grammar and spelling.
    I highly doubt Ron Artest’s coach is a big fan of his communication style.
    Dante

7. Steve - May 7, 2010 at 7:36 PM

is that not a bit presumptious of you to assume that lakers will win the title this only the semi’s we have a whole lot basketball to play and it aint over till its over

8. Brandon - May 7, 2010 at 10:16 PM

all you need to worry about is DOING YOUR JOB! I think Ron-Ron is frustrated with his offesnive game so hes taking this out at the wrong time on Phil. Kobe cant shoot for you artest u gotta provide on the Offenssive end and lets get this rollign all im worried about as well as all my laker brothers is Game 3 @UTAH soo should u.

9. Aqzi - May 8, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Kurt, congrats on Ron Artest acknowledging you on his Twitter:
    “One guy named Kurt Helin said I’m not a fan of my coach. I just said it’s weird to here things from media first.”

10. SpankMonkey - May 8, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Artest is totally ghetto. He has not changed a bit. He played well and kept his yapper shut when he was here in Houston … but he is still nothing but a thug.

11. Omnius - May 8, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Ron Artest needs to understand that Phil Jackson has a tried and true method of tweaking players and just allow Phil to do his thing without it bothering him too much. Ron just needs to listen to Phil and do what Phil says so he can get his NBA championship ring that has eluded him under so many different coaches.

Could Sixers be worst team in NBA history?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches