May 6, 2010, 4:12 PM EDT
Back in the 1990s, David Falk was the man. He was Michael Jordan’s agent, and everyone wanted to be like Mike. Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning, it seemed everyone was a Falk client (he had more than 40). He was in the middle of the 1995 lockout trying to decertify the players union. His fingerprints were all over the 1998 one as well. The man was a serious power broker.
Today, he’s just a guy who dabbles in the game. But he has landed a big fish — eventual number two pick Evan Turner. That’s what CNBC’s Darren Rovell is reporting.
(And yes, Turner is going to be the second overall pick. Everyone loves his game, but everyone thinks John Wall is going to be a better Russell Westbrook, and they want that more.)
Falk has landed a couple big names now (Jeff Green, fifth overall pick a couple years ago) and that means he may be getting right back into a game currently dominated by CAA. That should make the agent wars a little more interesting.
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 0
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 4
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 9
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 25