May 6, 2010, 4:12 PM EDT
Back in the 1990s, David Falk was the man. He was Michael Jordan’s agent, and everyone wanted to be like Mike. Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning, it seemed everyone was a Falk client (he had more than 40). He was in the middle of the 1995 lockout trying to decertify the players union. His fingerprints were all over the 1998 one as well. The man was a serious power broker.
Today, he’s just a guy who dabbles in the game. But he has landed a big fish — eventual number two pick Evan Turner. That’s what CNBC’s Darren Rovell is reporting.
(And yes, Turner is going to be the second overall pick. Everyone loves his game, but everyone thinks John Wall is going to be a better Russell Westbrook, and they want that more.)
Falk has landed a couple big names now (Jeff Green, fifth overall pick a couple years ago) and that means he may be getting right back into a game currently dominated by CAA. That should make the agent wars a little more interesting.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18