May 6, 2010, 3:51 PM EDT
LeBron James’ elbow. Kevin Garnett’s foot. Anderson Varejao’s back. Kendrick Perkins knee.
Four injuries, one report: They practiced today and are all expected to play on Friday night in the big game three between Boston and Cleveland.
See, that wasn’t so hard. Brian Windhorst handled the whole thing on twitter. If this were the regular season they all might be taking some time off but it’s the playoffs so you power through it. You play hurt. All these guys are hurting and all these guys are a go. Simple.
However, since you crave details, here are some on LeBron’s elbow, via the aforementioned Windhorst.
There was not nor will there be a second MRI on LeBron’s ailing elbow. He went through practice today without pain and said he is ready for Friday night. There was also this series of tweets about the elbow (as opposed to by the elbow):
1. LeBron has had ONE MRI on the elbow and may not even need another one this week. And he may need one, but hasn’t had it yet. 2. LeBron is hurting and it showed in Game 2 at times. But neither he nor the Cavs believe it is a serious injury that could knock him out. 3. No one sure how long it will take to heal or what steps will be taken. But the team nor LBJ seems to be hiding severity based on sources.
The bigger issue for the Cavaliers may be if Antawn Jamison can get going against Garnett and if Shaq can get going against Perkins. Mo Williams got going for one game, but Rajon Rondo is going to make it hard for that to happen again.
It’s been more about the matchups than the elbow.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10