May 6, 2010, 3:51 PM EDT
LeBron James’ elbow. Kevin Garnett’s foot. Anderson Varejao’s back. Kendrick Perkins knee.
Four injuries, one report: They practiced today and are all expected to play on Friday night in the big game three between Boston and Cleveland.
See, that wasn’t so hard. Brian Windhorst handled the whole thing on twitter. If this were the regular season they all might be taking some time off but it’s the playoffs so you power through it. You play hurt. All these guys are hurting and all these guys are a go. Simple.
However, since you crave details, here are some on LeBron’s elbow, via the aforementioned Windhorst.
There was not nor will there be a second MRI on LeBron’s ailing elbow. He went through practice today without pain and said he is ready for Friday night. There was also this series of tweets about the elbow (as opposed to by the elbow):
1. LeBron has had ONE MRI on the elbow and may not even need another one this week. And he may need one, but hasn’t had it yet. 2. LeBron is hurting and it showed in Game 2 at times. But neither he nor the Cavs believe it is a serious injury that could knock him out. 3. No one sure how long it will take to heal or what steps will be taken. But the team nor LBJ seems to be hiding severity based on sources.
The bigger issue for the Cavaliers may be if Antawn Jamison can get going against Garnett and if Shaq can get going against Perkins. Mo Williams got going for one game, but Rajon Rondo is going to make it hard for that to happen again.
It’s been more about the matchups than the elbow.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 0
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 10
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 12
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36