May 6, 2010, 3:51 PM EDT
LeBron James’ elbow. Kevin Garnett’s foot. Anderson Varejao’s back. Kendrick Perkins knee.
Four injuries, one report: They practiced today and are all expected to play on Friday night in the big game three between Boston and Cleveland.
See, that wasn’t so hard. Brian Windhorst handled the whole thing on twitter. If this were the regular season they all might be taking some time off but it’s the playoffs so you power through it. You play hurt. All these guys are hurting and all these guys are a go. Simple.
However, since you crave details, here are some on LeBron’s elbow, via the aforementioned Windhorst.
There was not nor will there be a second MRI on LeBron’s ailing elbow. He went through practice today without pain and said he is ready for Friday night. There was also this series of tweets about the elbow (as opposed to by the elbow):
1. LeBron has had ONE MRI on the elbow and may not even need another one this week. And he may need one, but hasn’t had it yet. 2. LeBron is hurting and it showed in Game 2 at times. But neither he nor the Cavs believe it is a serious injury that could knock him out. 3. No one sure how long it will take to heal or what steps will be taken. But the team nor LBJ seems to be hiding severity based on sources.
The bigger issue for the Cavaliers may be if Antawn Jamison can get going against Garnett and if Shaq can get going against Perkins. Mo Williams got going for one game, but Rajon Rondo is going to make it hard for that to happen again.
It’s been more about the matchups than the elbow.
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 4
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 5
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 7
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 12
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (96)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'