May 6, 2010, 5:18 PM EST
The Jazz are desperate for some size and another weapon to confront the Los Angles Lakers — and for Game 3 they will have one. An AK-47.
Andrei Kirilenko said Thursday that he will be ready to go on Saturday, as reported by the fantastic Ross Siler in the Salt Lake Tribune.
“I’m good, I’m ready,” Kirilenko said prior to the Jazz’s practice Thursday morning.
Kirilenko went through a strenuous workout on Wednesday, according to trainer Gary Briggs. Without a setback, Briggs estimated Kirilenko will be “90 or 95 percent” for Game 3.
Kirilenko has not played serious minutes since early March, so his conditioning will be an issue. And it’s a tough spot to be thrown into a must-win game for the Jazz and have to take on the long front line of the Lakers to do it.
But we’ve seen the results without him — the Jazz played their game, played it fairly well, and lost. AK-47 may not, likely will not, be able to change that on his own. But the Jazz will take any help they can get.
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 0
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 6
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 7
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)