May 6, 2010, 5:18 PM EST
The Jazz are desperate for some size and another weapon to confront the Los Angles Lakers — and for Game 3 they will have one. An AK-47.
Andrei Kirilenko said Thursday that he will be ready to go on Saturday, as reported by the fantastic Ross Siler in the Salt Lake Tribune.
“I’m good, I’m ready,” Kirilenko said prior to the Jazz’s practice Thursday morning.
Kirilenko went through a strenuous workout on Wednesday, according to trainer Gary Briggs. Without a setback, Briggs estimated Kirilenko will be “90 or 95 percent” for Game 3.
Kirilenko has not played serious minutes since early March, so his conditioning will be an issue. And it’s a tough spot to be thrown into a must-win game for the Jazz and have to take on the long front line of the Lakers to do it.
But we’ve seen the results without him — the Jazz played their game, played it fairly well, and lost. AK-47 may not, likely will not, be able to change that on his own. But the Jazz will take any help they can get.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17