May 6, 2010, 10:22 AM EDT
Mark Jackson wants a team to take a leap of faith on him, to pluck him out of the broadcasting booth and with no coaching experience put him at the head of an NBA bench.
Well, he doesn’t want just any team to take that leap, it turns out. Not Philadelphia, as the Philadelphia Inquirer has the report.
Mark Jackson, who seemed to be in the final stages of scheduling an interview with the 76ers for their coaching vacancy, has removed his name from consideration, according to his agent, Steve Kauffman.
Kauffman said Jackson “doesn’t feel it’s the right opportunity for him at this time.”
What exactly is the right opportunity? The Lakers, Cavaliers and Magic? Maybe that Thunder gig?
It would be interesting to know Jackson’s reasoning, because when you’re asking a team to take a leap of faith like this, turning down interviews does not seem wise.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 0
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 29
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17