May 6, 2010, 10:07 AM EDT
Kirk Snyder, who spent four years in the NBA with four different teams trying to find a role as a shooting guard, will now be balling in the prison leagues.
Kirk Snyder, 26, is convicted of breaking into a neighbor’s home in the 5300 block of Commonwealth Drive in Deerfield Township and brutally assaulting a man in March 2009.
The woman in the home told police when she got up to investigate hearing the break-in, a tall man pushed her aside, ran to the upstairs bedroom and began to assault her sleeping husband. She says while he was beating her husband, she was able to pull the hood away from covering his head. She said the assailant then fled out the back door where he had broken in.
Defense attorneys said Snyder did commit the crimes he is convicted of, but that he was not guilty by reason of insanity since he wasn’t being treated for paranoia and bipolar disorder at the time.
Snyder came off the streets of Los Angles and was drafted 16th overall by Utah, coming out of Nevada Reno. He never found a niche in the NBA, putting up pedestrian numbers while being bounced around for four years.
Sad. One just can hope he gets the help he clearly needs.
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 9
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 5
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 8
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 98
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 12
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (100)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'